13 Aug 2020

STD 10 Sanskrit | Ch 10 | Tvameka Bhavani | English Medium

Please click the image above.

Introduction 

   Right from the earliest time, i.e., the Vedic period we find poems inspired by a love for God. In the beginning, the hymns were addressed to various gods and deities who were personifications of natural phenomena. later gods and goddesses as the various form of the pervasive force lying within all being evolved. STOTRA literature is our glorious heritage of love and devotion for the divine. 

    In the present STOTRA, AADI SHANKARACHARYA has described the feelings of a devote very vividly you are my sole and only refuge is the refrain of this evocation poem. every man some time or the other feels helpless and turns to the divine seeking his grace. here AADI SHANKARACHARYA is praying the goddess BHAVANI - calling her mother and appealing her motherly nature.

Watch an explanation video in Gujarati Click Here (Part 1)

Watch an explanation video in Gujarati Click Here (Part 2)

TRANSLATION  

(1) Father is not mine. mother is not mine. brother is not mine. The donor is not mine. son is not mine. daughter is not mine. The servant is not mine. master is not mine. wife is not mine. knowledge or education is not mine. means of livelihood is not mine. O BHAVANI, you are my only refuge. you are my sole refuge.

(2) I do not know charity nor do I know the way of profound meditation. I do nor do I know TANTRA (poems practices). I don't know the STOTRA (poems praising god) or  MANTRA (Hymns from the Vedas). I don't know how to worship, nor do I know the technique of NYAS (placing words of MANTA on the parts of our body) O Goddess BHAVANI, you are my only refuge, my sole refuge.

(3) I do now know religious merit. I do not know the holy place. I do not know libration nor do I know absorption of mind (into the divine). O, mother, I know not devotion. I do not know a religious practice or vow. O BHAVANI, you are my only refuge. You are my sole refuge.

(4) O BHAVANI, my protector, always protect me in the argument, sorrow, laziness, travel, water, fire, forest, on a mounting and among enemies. you are my only refuge. you are my sole refuge.

(5) O BHAVANI, I am an orphan. I am poor. I am suffering from old and disease. I am very miserable and helpless. My face is always dull. I am plunged into calamity. I am ruined. you are my only refuge. you are my sole refuge.

Question - Answer 

(1) Which relatives are abandoned by a devotee to consider the goddess as his only resort?

Ans. The devotee who is speaking in this STOTRA has abandoned all his relatives such as father, mother, brother, son, Daughter, master, servant, and wife. He considers the goddess as his only resort or refuge.

(2) Which things does a devotee not know? 

Ans. The devotee does not know practicing charity. He does not know how to meditate or chant MANTRA. He does not know how to worship nor does he know how to assign the various parts of the body to different deities. he does not know the devotion or practicing vows. He has no idea of liberation, i.e., being free from the bondage of birth and death.

(3) In which different situations does a devotee pray goddess to protect him?

Ans. A devotee prays for the divine mother for protecting him in the following difficult situations: In argument sorrow, laziness, travel, water, fire, forest on the mounting, among the enemies. Wherever he is, the goddess should protect him in every kind of danger.

(4) Which adjectives does a devotee use for himself in the stanza ANATHO DARIDRO?

Ans. The devotee describes himself using the choicest adjectives as follows :

    I am an orphan. I am poor and suffering from old age and disease. I am very miserable and helpless. My face is always dull. I have got myself into trouble. I am ruined. 

Thank You very much.

Please visit our site regularly for the topics given below,

STD 10 Sanskrit, Sanskrit STD 10, Sanskrit STD 10 Ch 10, Sanskrit Chapter 10 English medium, Sanskrit Lessons for English medium, Sanskrit videos, Sanskrit Lectures, Sanskrit Study, etc.

Thanks Again.

#SchoolofSanskrit

#Sanskrit

#STD10 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Also read

Recommended for you...

STD 10 Sanskrit | Abhyas 6 | Visargasandhi - Parichayaha | English Medium

  Read the following sentence:     राक्षसेभ्योSपि भवन्तः एव क्रुरतराः ।     (You are even more cruel than the demons.)     The sign 'S&#...